Honda Insight Forum banner

821 - 840 of 3773 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,933 Posts
Changed carpet from my donor car to by #2 Citrus. What a PITA, but the results are beautiful.

Also changed over the pristine seats (been covered with seat covers).

A few more detail steps, then onto the market.

·
Super Moderator
6,933 Posts
Jime, are you saying your second citrus will be for sale?? Maybe I've misread the context, though. If not, I'm on the hunt for such a vehicle!
Yes, it will be for sale before too long. I'm getting some details sorted out and then I'll make a try at recovering my investment. Primarily, I want to paint the two bumpers to remove rock chips and minor dents.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
I am finally back in the insight brotherhood. I picked up my second insight (2001 MT) after I lost my last one to an ex-girlfriend.
Ha. My current girlfriend got me also for a G1 and when she goes she's keeping the car. I've got to keep her around as I really like that car (only one I have with Rostra cruise control.)
Gerald

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
While changing out the dash/trip buttons, I wired in a 2nd 4-way/hazard light switch. While hypermiling and operating IMAC&C with my right hand, it's handy to have access to the 4-ways with the left hand. When the time comes, I'll add this to the other car with MIMA.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Replaced the tires the previous owner installed with new RE92s.

Much better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I changed out my engine/air filter. Here's a picture of the old filter next to the new filter (which was a WIX 46499 filter. Used a special "Spend $30 on Amazon, get $15 back deal from AMEX).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,933 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
What did I do to it today?

I bought it!

2005 CVT about 186K miles. New Honda Pack 5 months, 6K miles ago. Thanks to gilbertguy on the evaluation assistance!

·
Premium Member
602 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,933 Posts
Just wanted to add the obvious - keep the interior as cool as you can. Hope you can crack the windows during the day or find a bit of shade. freezin4 found a very nice reflective cover for the rear hatch - don't remember source, but you might PM him:)

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Rearranged the tumblers in the door lock on a replacement passenger door to fit my key. Got 5 out of 7 to fit which should be good enough to thwart your average lock picker.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Very pleased with everything. New PE92s. The guy had two of the same color, and you could tell he was reluctant to let it go. He was very pleased to find an enthusiast. The panel you remove to change the oil is broken, but I have it, and he included a spare PE92 with a lot of good tread left. Ground straps look great (usually not a big issue in AZ as we deal with very little corrosion).

Being 10 years old, it has a handful of small things. Shocks are marginal. Steering wheel looks like a teething toddler gave it some mild nibbles. Below-window door trim is cracked and peeling (gilbertguy said those are about $35). Whirring hatch latch (I've printed Mudder's part already).

Just took it on my wife's round trip commute. 53mpg with little effort. It's mixed mode with substantial elevation changes. Getting 40mpg in the HCH2 is a challenge. This was effortless aside from my atrophied calf muscles from excessive cruise control use. Wow... I feel so puny (Cruise is on the short-list).

jime, this one?

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/honda-insight-forum-1st-gen-discussion/24249-what-did-you-do-your-g1-insight-today-11.html#post611513

With the HCH2, I'm painfully aware of the heat issue. Getting my wife to go through the process is a bit of a challenge, BUT she is so excited about this car, she'll agree to anything (car related) :)

I feel like I have a lot of homework now. I may be fairly active here, but it's almost exclusively battery stuff. All those things I've let fall out of my head like the fuse to pull to reset the IMA and the EPS fuse for forced regen, will now need to be retained!

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate the positive feedback.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
What did I do to it today?

I bought it!

2005 CVT about 186K miles. New Honda Pack 5 months, 6K miles ago. Thanks to gilbertguy on the evaluation assistance!

Aww you make me miss my CVT. Nice car tho!!

821 - 840 of 3773 Posts