Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Resonates with what exactly?

This looks completely unnecessary to me.

Any thoughts?

I wanted to use the point where it (the resonator pipe) attaches to main air intake pipe as inlet for my hot air mod.

Save a bit of weight as well if the resonator box could be removed.

Peter

·
Registered
95 Posts
The intake tract of the engine will make more noise at certain rpm ranges than at other speeds (it is speed and load sensitive). The resonator is R&D’s effort to reduce that noise at different rpms. Some people remove or modify the intake and never notice (or they discount the changes). Resonators typically have very little to no effect on engine power. However changing length of the intake can drastically change the power and/or the drivability. Personally I think the drivability is the bigger issue. Drivability = for example the power curve may have a flat spot at the speed you usually cruse at, you will end up going faster or slower than you want. An example of DR on older cars would be how people would talk about a car liking to go 58 but not 55mph.

Your biggest risk is probably affecting the DR a little bit and the noise. If you don’t like it you could change the length in an effort to improve it or switch it back to stock. There are some magic formulas but it gets a little involved.

·
Registered
344 Posts
It seems like that would add an extra 90° bend in the air intake path.
You can flip the tube over 180° and a 24" piece of connecting tube will get it to the catalytic converter. The resonator hole will be pointing up. I taped mine closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.