Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Hi 1320:

___Honda specs the 05 5-speed at 1,850 #’s w/out A/C and 1,881 #’s with. NHTSA specs the 04 Insight 5-speed at 1,868 #’s but I do not know if that is with A/C or not?

___Why do you ask by the way?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:3a524ppi][email protected][/email:3a524ppi]

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I just weighed my 2005 with no air, outside mirrors, passenger seat, or spare tire. Came in at 1788 lbs. Billy......

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
xcel said:
Hi 1320:

___Honda specs the 05 5-speed at 1,850 #’s w/out A/C and 1,881 #’s with. NHTSA specs the 04 Insight 5-speed at 1,868 #’s but I do not know if that is with A/C or not?

___Why do you ask by the way?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:68ehki22][email protected][/email:68ehki22]
Well I build hotrods mostly and turbo kits for all kinds of things, a lot of engine transplants, like LS1's in 63 -67 vettes, Lt1's in the same and mid 60's muscle cars, turbo buicks , etc..etc......

I have thought an insight drivetrain in the right car would be neat alternative to typical rod building. I have a 1954 Henry J that I thought would be the right canidate for such a transplant. It is for most purposes a 1954 insight, basically the most economical car in 54 you could buy. I think I can get its weight close to 1800, depends really on the insight drivetrain. It is one of the lightest productions cars ever in original form. I would probably turbo it, just cause that is about 75% of what I do everyday anyway.

·
Registered
536 Posts
1320 writes
[ It is one of the lightest productions cars ever in original form]
referring to the Henry J.

I have an even lighter production car, 1350 lbs in steel, which was
produced in the millions over 40 years.Anyone know what it is?
I have been meaning to draw attention to the fact the insight is not
that light compared to some clever designs built in steel.I also have a
current Daihatsu 4 seater that only weighs 1550 lbs with all the safety
gear but no air so the aluminum used in the Honda almost seems
gratuitous.
I still like it though :wink:

D Gate

·
Registered
536 Posts
What doe's your insight weigh?

Not a bug 1320 but a citroen 2cv,and that is the weight ready to roll
without people.Its also as easy to push by hand as the insight so has
low rolling resistance but the aerodynamics of a barn door.
Beetles are a lot heavier.

DGate

·
Registered
8 Posts
I really like the 2CV

I've seen a number of 2CVs when I've been in the UK, and I've always wanted one.

I consider it so ugly it's appealing. I passed one here in SD not long ago going the opposite direction with a for sale sign in the window. By the time I got turned around and tried to catch it, it was gone. Way too fast for me! lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts