Honda Insight Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
I had an '85 GTI back in the day.
My bad -- Omni/Horizon it is.
We owned an 89 Horizon (aka Happy Car). One of the best car we ever had. Drove until it fell apart from the rust. I mean, literally fell apart. I’d love to restore one!

·
Registered
92 Posts
4 door Jeep Wrangler
2 door Jeep Wrangler
Mercedes SLK 230

Gonna replace the Mercedes and maybe (hopefully not) one jeep for a new toy..... anything from a DKW Munga to a Maserati Gran Sport...... And many things in between

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
I've bought and sold 6 cars in the last year, I go through so many so I won't list them all...but the current roster is...

Just picked up this Dodge truck 2 days ago, found a deal I couldn't refuse, it's the ultimate hypocrisy, 14mpg vs. 70mpg...quad cab 8' bed with 5spd V8...

And here's my primary car, Fiesta ST with turbo swap + all the mods...had this one 5+ years and plan on keeping forever...

·
Registered
659 Posts
But for the full roster over the years, see my “auto” biography... Auto Biography
- Park
If you've not read the "Auto Biography," you should: "I flung my wrench into the air and danced around the yard yelling… things. Then I had to find my wrench again."

Also: I owned an Jeep XJ, too. We used try to get stuck in the snow (never did). I traded mine when the kids started to learn to drive because I was certain somebody would die in the process.

Reactions: MparkH

·
Registered
38 Posts
1986 Toyota Pickup (plus canoe). 138K miles
25-30MPG, not bad for a truck!

IMG_20200628_155921.jpg

Also in my household fleet, 1988 Ford F Super Duty (partner is a tree guy).
Now you see why we needed the Insight.....

·
Linsight Designer
2,457 Posts
Gotta love those C3 Vettes! My father has been an NCRS guy for 20 years. The first car I ever restored was a 1969 basket case. One quirk I've always loved about those C3s is the fiber optic light sensors, which route to a viewport on the console so you can tell if the brake and turn signals are working. Also the extensive vacuum system that controls the headlights, windshield wiper cover, etc, is pretty neat.

·
Registered
55 Posts

This beautiful high mileage s10 with an insight drivetrain permanently installed under the tarp in the bed.
Gets an astonishing 13mpg.
I don't drive it much.
Anyone in VT want a 136k mile CVT drivetrain that the idler pulley bosses are broken off of and hasn't run in 5 years? Yours for the cost of help me get it out of my truck.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight
315 Posts
This beautiful high mileage s10 with an insight drivetrain permanently installed under the tarp in the bed.
Gets an astonishing 13mpg.
I don't drive it much.
Anyone in VT want a 136k mile CVT drivetrain that the idler pulley bosses are broken off of and hasn't run in 5 years? Yours for the cost of help me get it out of my truck.
Let me know if you want to take a 500+ mile round trip to NY to get rid of the drivetrain! :D

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight
315 Posts
I have nine cars. One runs and drives! Besides the 2000 Insight I drive, I have three other cars that will hopefully run again. Another 2000 Insight, a 1988 CRX with a 3-cyl Geo Metro engine, and a 1994 Geo Metro. The theme is obviously three cylinders and stationary! :)

Cars I need to get rid of:
1993 Metro
1998 Metro
1990 Civic Wagon
1991 Civic Wagon
2002 Prius

Not mine, but currently in my driveway competing for my attention:
2002 Insight
2011 Aveo
2002 Saturn
2003 Tacoma

Reactions: MparkH and Ecky

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight
59 Posts
The Volvo has been in the fleet for 10 years now, needed a little help from the Honda to get it fired up this weekend after it was out of action for a few weeks while I rebuilt the rack and PS pump.

My other 100mpg ride - 2014 Suzuki RV125 VanVan. An absolute riot to whip around town on, and probably the most reliable thing I've ever owned, over the last 4 years aside from regular maintenance and a little bit of paint touch-up, the only work it's needed has been a chain & sprocket set, and a gearbox casing gasket. I'll probably be letting this one go later this year which makes me sad.

IMG_20200524_144312.jpg

Reactions: MparkH

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Wait I didn't know you had a Sonic! Bruhhhh.

My fun car is a S60R. She isn't a supercar, but it is tuned to about 335-350AWHP and keeps up with the Nissan 240's and BRZ's I mountain carve with. Do plan on going bigger turbo, injectors, and E85, but that's a story for another day.

A more recent pic with new rims.

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
739 Posts
I'm about to experience the joys of 4C front strut and spring replacement. Ouch! I'll sleep better with FCPEuro's lifetime warranty, but still serious wallet contusions. Mine's bone stock. Was using as a daily driver.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts