Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently discovered the older threads regarding the Gen 1 Insight that had 1.2l Volkswagon engine conversion by Red Light Racing I belive was the group doing this. Any developments on this project? They were talking about possibly doing a conversion kit and that idea realy interests me!

Dont get me wrong, I love the efficency with the gas motor, but the idea of getting bout the same if not more MPG and way better usable power is totaly what im looking for. Plus I would not be opposed to getting rid of as much electronic stuff as possible. (I know they made all the electronics to work on the conversion though.)

I dont realy care about IMA if Im even getting consistanty 50mpg! Electronics are nice when new, but they just seem to get very buggy with age. Ultimate combo- Corrision proof (or at least resistant) aluminum car and diesel power to boot. I admit I do have a thing for diesel!

So, anything new?

·
Administrator
10,702 Posts
If you post this in the older main thread the people who are subscribed to it will get a notification and are more likely to respond.

·
Registered
737 Posts
If you post this in the older main thread the people who are subscribed to it will get a notification and are more likely to respond.
Great suggestion. By the way, I contacted the gentleman sometime ago and he said the car was working great. They were thinking that it would be nice if they could gain more control over the IMA assist; I suggested they look into a MIMA-like system.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts