Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bummed to say that I need to sell my 2001 blue manual as my wife and I are moving to the north country and at least one of our vehicles should get us through the deep snow (she has an insight also). The question I have for this forum is; what is a good asking price for my car? I see that some of these used insights are going at very low prices and frankly I can't afford to take that big of a loss. My car is a 2001, manual with 83 K miles. It has new tires, a perfect maintainance record, Sirius radio/cd, lamb skin seat covers and a LMPG of 65.3. What do you all think I can get for it? And what is the best way to sell it?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I would say book the car with kelly blue book (http://www.kbb.com) to get a general idea. Your car in excellent condition gives about $9,500 for a value. Sad isn't it? Best bet is to look if there are any others in your area and see what they are selling for. Price them around that amount while factoring in the mileage.

As far as selling method I'd recommend putting an ad in the auto trader, and if you don't get any bites after a week or so try the news paper. Good luck.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Edmunds and NADA usually return values higher than Kelley Blue Book, so as far as listing the car to try and get the best possible final selling price, maybe the thing to do would be to list the vehicle at the higher price that may come from Edmunds or NADA with the hopes of the selling price after negotiation being at or above the KBB value.

Best of luck, and make sure if and when you sell your car you let the new owner know about InsightCentral.net so that possibly a new member of the Insight family may join in all the info to be found here!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts