Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been seeing them around the internet but not sure what it is?

does that help with the mpg?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
ive been seeing them around the internet but not sure what it is?

does that help with the mpg?
It's a scam.

I've said it before: The Insight is so carefully designed, that there is almost nothing you can do to it that will not lower the MPG.

The ONLY (measurable) improvements are from getting a MIMA.

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
I agree with the above post, if/when MIMA becomes available for the 2nd Gen, it will be huge. I'll also add a few more. Increased tire pressure helps more than you would think. Driving method is even bigger, most people drive in an extremely wasteful manner. The more you use your physical brakes, the more energy that you are wasting, the less you use the waste pedal(consider safety first and disturbing other drivers of course) the better off you are, coasting is huge. I'd imagine the CVT manages to keep the engine reasonably loaded for efficiency, at least I hope.

·
Registered
382 Posts
what is MIMA??
In the Insight world, MIMA is one of the nicest (if not THE nicest) mod/invention.

MIMA Honda Insight Modified Integrated Motor Assist - MIMA introduction

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-issues/13041-new-mima-thread-all-mima-discussion-goes-here.html

if i dont use my physical brakes then what do i use?
Use the coasting/engine breaking/regen capability as much as you can. As this is in the I2 section, I assume you drive a I2, therefore, you can take advantage of the VCM capability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts