Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a postcard from my dealership yesterday, which specifically addressed to me, and in the text, it directly referenced my name, and the year and make of my Insight. I don't have the card in front of me right now, but it essentially says that they need to "restock" certain model of used cars in their inventory, and my Insight is identified as a candidate. They were willing to pay an extra $1000 above the something something "Loan Rate" for the vehicle. And further, they would like me to take a look at the newer models and buy from them instead...

I laughed and threw the card into the recycling bin...

This is the first time I've ever seen such a promotion. I don't know if it is really because there is money to be made with a used Insight, or is it a ploy for me to buy a new car from them. Either way, I am curious if anyone knows what's the REAL motivation in the business to target me that way. I think I will dig that card out of my recycling bin tonight...

Charles

·
Registered
140 Posts
Simple ploy to get you to come in and buy a new car. Seems like you smelled their garbage right off the bat!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I get similar post cards from the dealership I use saying they're looking to buy back cars at a premium and I should come down and take a look at new cars. They usually list something like you can get X% of what you paid for your 2000 and X% of what you paid for your 2001 blah blah blah. Then if you read the fine print it says something to the effect of offer not applicable on Insigh'ts and some other less popular models.

·
Registered
700 Posts
You mean:

"We wish to re-purchase your 2001 Insight with a special premium just for you, Charles, since you are such a great person.....blah, blah"*

*offer does not apply to 2001 Insight

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, and you could use the "X" to hold up the weighty new payment book they want to give you!! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts