Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for example, the best time to buy video games is January (low demand/cheap prices) & worst time is December (high demand/high prices).

So when are the slow & busy times for car sales?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Depends on the type of car.

Sports cars are best sold in the early spring.
Beaters just before winter hits.

I don't know about other types of cars.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Car sales are usually best at the beginning of the month and slow down at the end of the month.... generally.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Best time to buy a car:

Either the last month before or the first month after the new model year comes out, if buying the previous year (as in a 2004 car right now); during the last few days of the month.

I've always bought my cars the last weekend of the month, taking delivery the last day. They have a quota.

In other words, this weekend for Hondas.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sooo... I should sell my "beater" 1987 Plymouth right now ("before winter hits").

What about purchasing a used Insight? Seems to me that right after Christmas, when people are conserving cash, is the best time.

·
Registered
489 Posts
ElectricTroy said:
Sooo... I should sell my "beater" 1987 Plymouth right now ("before winter hits").
I should think so. When it starts to get cold, it makes people with beaters start to question whether their car is going to make it through the winter - hence, they're looking for something more reliable. (but still cheap) Or, they realize that the fancy muscle car they bought in the spring will get rusted if they drive it in the winter, and suddenly they need a new car. (also cheap)

ElectricTroy said:
What about purchasing a used Insight? Seems to me that right after Christmas, when people are conserving cash, is the best time.
That seems like a bad time for car sales - if everyone's conserving cash, why would they splurge on a new car? And if they are conserving cash, why would they want to sell a car that gets such great mileage?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Foxpaw said:
[right after Christmas] seems like a bad time for car sales - if everyone's conserving cash, why would they splurge on a new car? And if they are conserving cash, why would they want to sell a car that gets such great mileage?
A bad time for sales = cheap prices at the used car lot = a good time to buy. As for your 2nd question, I don't know why someone would want to sell the beautiful Insight, but I'm sure if I check ebay in January I'll find some Insights for sale.

(shrug) We'll see...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts