Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about picking up a civic ima batt from the local wecking yard they had one with low milege and would sell it to me cheap .
i was wondering if it would fit with minor bracket mods

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
The key would be to find out if it uses the same groupings of cells as the Insight. In that case you could remove them from thier matrix and rebuild the pack in the Insight. This would be way, way easier than modifying the mounting for the pack, as the Civic pack is vetical and low profile.

Check it out and let us know.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
The cells are the same, the subpacks(6 cells) are the same, the case is nearly the same, can't confirm if the electrical connections are the same, but Kips suggestion of swaping the cells to your Insight pack should work just fine.
Just be aware that the pack can kill you if you don't know what you are doing.
Good luck, and If the price is right, go for it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Mike Dabrowski 2000 said:
... The cells are the same, the subpacks(6 cells) are the same, the case is nearly the same, can't confirm if the electrical connections are the same, ...
In light of some other discussions going on here re EVs based on the Insight shell, and as there are a lot more Civic hybrids out there than Insights, this is interesting, very interesting indeed. Thanks for the insight - and no pun intended. :)

Fred / Proud Owner of "The Silver Bullet"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts