Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
You can get any brand in the original size and use the original wheels, but you will likely not see the same gas mileage with a tire of different brand/tread compound. You can find/order the same tires as the originals from a tire dealer, you don't have to go to Honda to get the same tires. Basically Bridgestone worked with Honda to develop the tires for low rolling resistance, so it is conceivable that other brands may make a tire of similar attributes that would not change gas mileage that much. I didn't do too much research, I just went to a local tire dealer and asked them to order the same tires as the originals, and had them installed for right about $70 per tire. The car will operate fine with any tires on the original wheels, its only a matter of how much the gas mileage will suffer and to that I have no idea. I don't even know how much a Honda dealer would charge to do a tire install, but my guess would be more than a tire shop.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.