Honda Insight Forum banner

what next?

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Cobb 
#1 ·
so i have been off the fourm for a while due to deployment where i still am. i started searching for the super/ turbo kits agian and they are easy enough to buy and installl but no one in va beach can tune them :mad: most everyone i talked to said do a K24 swap.. not what i want right now , do you guys and gals know of any one that can tune hybrid ecu's that is on the east cost. hodata laughed at me when i called so they are out . any other ideas would be great.

_ matt

#2 ·
Thanks for serving our country. Not much going on here either. I was ready to pull the trigger on the super charger kit, but its no where to be found.

Yeah, hondata makes a tuner for the crz, but it wont adjust the ima system. Gonna need to go with a mega squirt or some aftermarket system. Theres a few tuner shops in Richmond, havent called yet.

Guess we are going to have to add a 5th injector and do it the old fashion way?

#3 ·
yeah i thought about that 5 inj thing. ... dident think about mega squirt might have to look into it , i have heard mixed things about them . im sure someone in va beach can tune that. go to precision engineering thats where i found the SC kit but its hard to get ahold of them.. we need to do a meet up agian when i get home. im sure there would be a few people intrested, i will start a thread about it when i get closer to the states.

#4 ·
Sounds like a plan. Im up for any Sat or Sun. I typically deal with VA Beach BLVD when I am in the area.

From what I have read a chemical intercooler the thing that injects water/methanol would help along with the user going to a premium fuel and bumping fuel psi. Ive seen some go to a parallel fuel pump to increase volume and others go to larger injectors. To an extend the oem system will help to regular afr, but for MORE POWER the wetter you want the afr.

My problem is Im use to turning a 350 into a 355 use a tractor turbo and carburetors. We got fuel injection, the ima system and we are already pressing 10.8 to 1 compression. Assuming the engine will hold together a boosted gen 2 may have to be an e 85 or ethanol fueled vehicle.

Yeah, saving the ksight conversion for when or if I win the lottery. Im guessing thats a 10-20 thousand conversion as its got to go to manual. I wouldnt mind a 5-15 hp boost as to why I entertain the NOS idea. Sometimes I think the chemical intercooler would give a boost as is considering the engine design. Its just 300 bucks to buy a kit to do a test run.

#5 ·
do mean to say a chemical intercooler on a NA motor???
whats this withcraft you speak of ?!

time to buy parts and find out. i found that honda tuning mag. did a few articles on streetable crz k swaps . deployment dollars might just get spent on a donor car.

#6 ·
Im looking for 5-15 extra hp on a regular bases. I hate the fact you can launch this car 5 times and each time it does it differently. Its still retarding the timing and I believe this will help make it more repeatable. Id trigger it to come on at 2500 rpms.

Coolingmist Methanol / alcohol / Water injection system 1.5 gallons meth kit

Ive blown my budget for July on computer parts and Id like to get the exhaust redone on my sidekick.

If I got this Id use windshield wiper fluid from the dollar store, its a dollar a gallon. Id see if the reserve will fit where the battery does under the hood and put an agm power sports battery in the back by the ima system. Hell, maybe use the stock windshield washer reserve?

I drove a crz both stick and cvt, I was not impressed, no noticable power band once the engine left 2 grand.

I havent driven the later crz with the lithium battery and push to pass feature. That might be something worth while. Plan b is to just take the head to an engine shop and get it ported, polished and an economy grind on the cam to give it a lower power band.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.