Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any 'good' years? Any way to tell how much 'true' mileage on car? If the lifetime mileage is a way to tell some history, how do you check that when you sit down in the seat?

I'm still looking for one to even sit in to check out ergonomics.

Can they really get 70 mpg if driven wisely?

Thanks.

·
Registered
473 Posts
VelvetFoot said:
Are there any 'good' years?
From 2000 thru 2005 the cars have very few meaningfull differences. I'd say the newer the better because the IMA components (mostly the battery) has less use and there's more room left on the warranty.

VelvetFoot said:
Any way to tell how much 'true' mileage on car?
The dash is all electronic. The total mileage is displayed there and while not fool proof, it's more difficult to mess with than a mechanical odometer.

VelvetFoot said:
If the lifetime mileage is a way to tell some history, how do you check that when you sit down in the seat?
The car continuously calculates lifetime MPG (though it can be reset) and also separately for each of 2 trip meter functions. There's also a 4th display that's activated by pressing a black button on the left side of the dash labeled "FCD". So, there is 4 miles-per-gallon calculations going on, each of which you can easily view.

VelvetFoot said:
I'm still looking for one to even sit in to check out ergonomics.
I'd advise posting where you're located, someone will probably offer to let you checkout their car.

VelvetFoot said:
Can they really get 70 mpg if driven wisely?
Yes, you absolutely can.

·
Registered
473 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts