Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2-3 years ago I pulled my chinese replacement battery sticks out of the pack and replaced them with the panasonic OEM sticks from a 2006. That being said I've had these 20 sticks, 3 of which were leaking electrolyte, laying in a box on the shelf and I'd like to get rid of them. While at the local scrap recycle yard this past week I saw a sign that said, "Not excepting hybrid vehicles unless hybrid battery removed" I talked to the guy and he said they couldn't find anywhere to buy them. Should I reach out to Honda?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
my county (Wilson, Tennessee) has a dump with recycling. They have a section for electronics and batteries, and I took all of mine there. you might contact your local dump for advise.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Check to see if there’s a computer scrapping company in your area. They’ll sometimes take odd batteries.

·
Registered
2002 honda insight, 1980 corolla 4g63 swapped, 2003 volvo xc70 the daily
19 Posts
Want to send me the ones that aren't leaking?I'll pay shipping and throw you a few bucks if you'd like

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Want to send me the ones that aren't leaking?I'll pay shipping and throw you a few bucks if you'd like
This works for me! I'll check the sticks out and see if any more are leaking. They no longer have the shrink wrap on them but are all boxed up individually.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
256 Posts
Coincidentally, John ended up with some of the 3D printed spoiler blocks you sent me recently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts