Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am looking at a 2001 Insight CVT with about 30K miles on it. Any trouble spots I should be on the lookout for? The car seems to be in great shape.

All comments welcome and appreciated.

Peace
Jon

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Didn't we just do a thread about buying a used CVT? But okay here we go again. No different than any other used car checks. A 2001 is outside the manufactures warranty so any issues come out of your wallet.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Hi jnewell and welcome to the forum :!:

There have been several recent questions on the same topic posted here in the general section. If you'll spend some time reading the first few pages here I think you'll find what your looking for.

Also don't forget the IC encyclopedia and the forum search feature. :)

HTH! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Resist said:
Didn't we just do a thread about buying a used CVT? But okay here we go again. No different than any other used car checks. A 2001 is outside the manufactures warranty so any issues come out of your wallet.
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... 8433#28433

it was mine! I'm actually planning on selling my insight (even though I love it) and buying a Chrsyler Pacifica. I just accepted a job offer 10 miles from my house vs. my horrible commute right now, and it's been tough only having one car the kiddo can ride in.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Don't sell it! With a 10 mile commute, you wouldn't have to fill but once very 2 months. That alone makes it worth keeping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts