Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, so everyone here loves to see the insights that look like they came out of a time capsule, but I have yet to see a thread for the insights that are long in the tooth, worn out, banged up, or even abused.

I'm looking for the diamonds in the rough, the cherished beaters, and the junkers. I have a couple of pictures to start, but do you guys have any other pics? No hurt feelings either if yours shows up in here, we are celebrating this car for how it can take a beating, roll the odometer, and keep going.

For fairness, I have included one of my own, because it's paint is in pretty bad shape (its peeling like a dang onion!) and it has a respectable door dent. It also has 330000 miles, and they were not kind ones.

WARNING: This thread will probably not be for the faint of heart.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Also acceptable:
* blown, greasy, leaky engine bays
* worst interiors
* cobbled together fixes, every ziptie and jb weld tumor is welcome
* basically stuff that could be considered worthy of reddit's /r/justrolledintotheshop

·
Registered
92 Posts
I didn't get pictures, but some guy I ran into at a game night for a BMW car club I am part of also had an Insight. It had only part of the rear skirt still attached, the dash falling apart, seats stained, back carpet torn out and partially remaining, trash everywhere. What a mess! He was still getting good MPG though, so that's all he cared about for his daily driver.

·
Engine-Off-Coast
2,129 Posts
IC users johnniviri and Kyoko both have really messed up but somehow driveable Insights. Each of them was legendary. Then there's also the guy with the bullet hole.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I saw a red one sell in Japan recently with over 400,000km. Someone paid a little over $200 for it. Looked respectable, but probably worn out.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I love the idea of this thread. I'll take some pictures of my daily driver when it stops raining. scorched roof, clear coat peeling off the replaced and painted door, bumper and rear corner. Broken headlight tabs so one "eye" doesn't sit right, I did get rid of her glaucoma as the wife called it (polished headlight). The title is clean, but i can't for the life of me understand how. Driver side has been t-boned and bent the B pillar in so when driving air (around 0° in winter) comes through the gap. No under body panels, locks don't work, speakers are all but shot, IMA... barely can call it an IMA battery. But you know what? She averages 70+mpg and when I add a hot air intake she'll be even better.

I can't wait to see some more "beater" insights. Keep them on the road!

Tim

·
Registered
156 Posts
+1 for johnniviri.

Although, his blue and silver see-though Insight (looked like the car had been rolled), gave me the idea, pitched to the wife, about making a Dallas Cowboy's-themed Insight for her.

Currently looking for a blue stick shift...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm currently looking for the same car, blue stick shift. but hopefully not peeling like an onion or with 400,000 km. This thread will be really cool with more photos, that's mainly why I'm bumping it. Also needed my 10th post so...done.

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
ill try to get some pics of the 01 i picked up before i start the repairs. it is about the worst example i have seen but it still runs and drives and that's a good start. rips in the seat, the hood is bent and sits up about 2 inches so you can see the engine from the side, filthy carpet and interior, headliner sagging down on your head, faded clear coat peeling... list goes on. luckily old silver has a lot of better parts to donate to this one.

well i guess this one will do, from the sales ad:

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
+1 for johnniviri.

Although, his blue and silver see-though Insight (looked like the car had been rolled), gave me the idea, pitched to the wife, about making a Dallas Cowboy's-themed Insight for her.

Currently looking for a blue stick shift...
Uh, there's no blue on either of my silver Insights. You might have mine confused with someone else's. Here's some photos of the one that I had at Insightfest. It is my current daily driver, though my other one is working now also. I just upgraded the radio antenna from a broken off piece of a stud to a 2.5' length of wire attached to a 10-32 screw... works better now. Aside from being a no A/C car, weak IMA battery, and having a few dents and cracks; it works just fine.

edit: it might have also had a broken/repaired tail-light when people last saw it. That tail light is currently on the other one.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Also,...
When I was trying to find this thread, I stumbled upon this similar one from 2007, Ugliest Insight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.