Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks , 2011 insight owner from Ireland.
Washed my car today and noticed peeling inside the back wheel wells looks like the coating is peeling exposing the paint work.
Ive attched some pics.
Just wondering should i be concerned that this black coating is peeling away? Would lead to rusting? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 20190803_181618.jpg 20190803_181615.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,740 Posts
If they salt the roads there, then it might be a matter of some concern. Here in the U.S. you can buy undercoating in aerosol cans - so you could repair the peel. Just trim away the loose parts and spray.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they salt the roads there, then it might be a matter of some concern. Here in the U.S. you can buy undercoating in aerosol cans - so you could repair the peel. Just trim away the loose parts and spray.
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah they do salt the roads here alot.
I'll just spray the exposed paint areas then after cutting away loose bits. Would the spray do any harm to brakes etc if it were to land on them? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,740 Posts
As I recall, the Gen2 has drums on the rear so no problem there. Just put an old newspaper over the front disc brakes and you should be fine:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you recommend an undercoating i could use? that would be similar to the factory sealer? thanks for all your help much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
dangee50
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing