Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched around for this info, I want to change the wheels to a 15" but no sure of the off set and width.

Does anyone have knowledge of this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I forgot the offset but the Insight rims and 4 bolt civic rims are completely interchangable, this applies to 13", 14" and 15" rims.

·
Registered
80 Posts
k-sight,
let us know what your results are

isnt putting on a completely diff rim/tire size going to drastically change mpg. i beleive that there are many threads on that topic alone

but ive thought of one day changing my rims just for looks anyhow

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys.
I search around on this site as well as a general search for pictures and fitment.

I would like to go with either 14 or 15" rims but I would like to keep the rear skirts.

Gas mileage is not a huge concern right now.

I will post pic when I get them installed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I put my winter tires on a set of ’97 HX wheels. No problem with the skirts.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've searched around for this info, I want to change the wheels to a 15" but no sure of the off set and width.

Does anyone have knowledge of this.

Thanks.

OEM gen 1 wheels are 14x5.5/45 mm offset and 4x100 BC. Hub bore is 56.4 mm. weight about 10.2 lb. with centercap.

WARNING: if you look to after market wheels pay attention to the wheel WEIGHT. Anything more than 10.5 lb will lose mpg.
Also check to see if the wheel dish clears your calipers.

TireRack is the only source I know that publishes their wheel weights. I think someone mentioned they have a kosei 14x6 or 5,5 wheel that weighs about 9 pounds that will work. cost about $120 each, which is very low for such a wheel; most cost $300-$400 each.
PS going bigger diameter or wider tires will cost more mpg than a 12 lb wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
I am guessing the reason K-sight is not worried about MPG loss, is because they have a K20a engine swapped in their Insight? So now its really more of a performance machine. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts