Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little over a month ago I took my Insight to the local Dealer for it's scheduled servicing. A few days later while driving on the freeway to work there was a clunk and a bump and I saw something bouncing down the freeway behind me which of course was then decimated by and SUV.

After pulling into the parking lot at work I saw that my (left) wheel skirt was missing. Immediately assuming shoddy work by the technician at the dealership I checked the other one and found it was also replaced incorrectly. (Not in the slots). I fixed the remaining one and called the dealership.

At first I was impressed by the manager who simply had me stop in for a look and told me he'd take care of it, no problem.

It's been a month now and I called to get an update and was told that it's ordered, but no one knows when these things come in, etc.

Now this is the same dealership that I gave a deposit to once for an insight and got six months of excuses from there just aren't any coming to California to they aren't being made any more. I ended up flying to Seattle (on a tip from these boards) and getting it there.

Just wondering if anyone has had an experience like this, if it really should take a long time, and if there are any other routes to take (aftermarket dealers, etc.)

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I've had three run in with deer, and the repair shop I went to(no connection to Honda) had no problem getting parts. I'm not positive, but I believe I had to have one of the wheel skirts replaced. Since you are not paying for it(I assume), I suspect the dealer is in no hurry to get it and is hoping you find one on your own. Call American Honda customer relations @ 800-999-1009 and tell them your story. This may get the dealer to move a little faster. You could try a search of salvage yards if you want to try to find one yourself.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
david said:
Now this is the same dealership that I gave a deposit to once for an insight and got six months of excuses from there just aren't any coming to California to they aren't being made any more.
You already had issues with this dealership and yet you used them for service? Another reason not to let a dealership touch your car. If you do you pretty much have to review their work. Everytime I've taken my Insight in for warranty work I have found bolts missing or things scratched. So I'd never take my car into a dealership again, especially for service.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, they were the ones who put it on wrong so I figured they should fix it. I'm calling the 800 number this afternoon and will let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
303 Posts
That's just atrocious...

Let us know what Honda says. The wheel skirts are a no-brainer as far as servicing cars go. That dealership should get you a new PAIR toot-sweet.

Sick to death of these arrogant Honda dealerships. We're lucky here; since gas is at $2.77 hybrids are everywhere; and my local dealer sent most of the technicians to "hybrid class"--no problems yet, knock wood.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
david said:
Well, they were the ones who put it on wrong so I figured they should fix it.
I understand this but, you stated you had issues with them before and yet you went to them for scheduled service anyway. Yes they should fix the skirt issue but then stay clear of them.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Re: That's just atrocious...

jsanford said:
The wheel skirts are a no-brainer as far as servicing cars go.
No brainer yes but the way Honda designed how they are attached is lame. The skirt bolts come off all the time.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Re: That's just atrocious...

Resist said:
jsanford said:
The wheel skirts are a no-brainer as far as servicing cars go.
No brainer yes but the way Honda designed how they are attached is lame. The skirt bolts come off all the time.
I left the original Dzus fasteners on until I had a chance to buy the stainless Southco - never had a problem with the Dzus coming loose, or the spats either, for that matter.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O.K. Called the 800 number and gave my report to the operator. Got a call back in a few days saying that they had contacted the dealership and that the dealership expected them in in a few days. We'll see!

And the folks that think I should take it somewhere else are probably right. This dealership ius just the most convenient and the next nearest one is quite inconvenient. That's all. Anyway the inconvenient one is near a movie theater so at least I'll have something to do while they do the work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just in case anyone is following this...Two weeks ago I called Honda again to tell them that the dealership did NOT get the wheel skirt in a couple of days. A few days later I got a return call from Honda saying they had contacted the dealership again and would call me again when it came in.

Got the call from Honda on Monday that the dealership had the part. Went down, got it, and put it on myself to avoid any other problems. So about two months. Going to another dealershop from now on.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Greetings David,
Did the Skirt match the color? If it didnt the dealer should have to match the color aswell

·
Registered
476 Posts
Same experience - check them

I had one side come off and scratched the S!#> out of my rim. Took about a week. I would ask if you got one if they would reimburse you and get it in writing. I always check now after anything to do with the rear wheels has been done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts