Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering purchasing an Insight out of state and having it transported here. I am nervous about the difficulties the transporter will have securing an Insight to his trailer. I think it would be safer to remove the wheel skirts while in transit. Many times a transporter will secure the car by placing a harness over the tires so access is a must. However, I don't know how to remove the wheel skirts and have been unable to find the info by searching the forum. Would someone post or PM me the process in removing the wheel skirts and identifying the hardware that is involved so I can assure I have all the pieces when it arrives. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Each wheel cover is held in place by two special fasteners. The fasteners are located at the lower outside edges of the wheel cover. The fasteners are black in color.

They are easily removed with a standard flathead screwdriver. (or use a penny if no screwdriver is available.)

Do not lose them! They are not a standard fastener.

Once the fasteners are removed, the wheel covers should be slid upwards out of the slots that hold them tight to the car.

Reverse the procedure to put them back on the car.

When reinstalling be sure that each of the tabs of the wheel cover insert correctly in the slots. If not reattached correctly the wheel covers may flap a bit. Also be sure to reinstall the fasteners all the way prevent the fastners or the wheel covers from being lost/damaged.

·
Registered
466 Posts
"Once the fasteners are removed, the wheel covers should be slid upwards out of the slots that hold them tight to the car."

only if you flip the car on its back! :)

the covers slide down to remove, up to install.

andy g.

·
Registered
466 Posts
darn! i was hoping for pics of the flip-it-over tecnique! :)

andy g.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts