Honda Insight Forum banner

Wheels for AutoX?

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  figgy 
I am wondering if a set of super light (6.5 lb) wheels would make a perceptable difference with the Yokohamas and bring back the easy take off of the OEMs while keeping the high performance...
It depends on how heavy the tires are. I am sure it will help, but a larger diameter tire will have the weight farther away from the center which is more polar moment of inertia.

Aerodynamics would be another consideration. When you look at the Bonneville cars, the wheels are completely covered with a full 'moon' type cover.

I was thinking that maybe some helicopter blade tape over the vents in the stock wheels might make a little difference on the highway. I wouldn't recommend it for city driving because of the repeated stops and brake cooling. An occasional hard stop wouldn't be affected much by the closure of the wheel.

Are these rims the 18" ones or are there some smaller diameter wheels that I haven't seen yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.