Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We’v recently returned from a 2 week Japan adventure, where my buddy Colin and I lived out some of our dreams.

Attend a Super GT race, drive through the canyons/touge, witness Japan’s natural beauty, visit Mugen and Spoon, explore the Honda Collection Hall at Twin Ring Motegi, and everything in between. I would like to share my pictures and stories with the Insight Central community. I hope you will enjoy a bit of Japan through my eyes.

I Instagram’d everyday along the way. You can follow me @riseful if you’re into it.

Below: Me (michaelbrat) and Colin

Mike B

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We've been wanting to travel to Japan for quite some time. We've both been there a few times in the past, but mostly for work which didn't leave much time for exploring. This trip would be different. We wrote down everything we've been wanting to do, and set our plans to do it.

We started our trip by traveling to Okayama International Circuit for Round 1 of Super GT in 2015.

It was raining most of the day, so everyone including umbrella girls were dressed for the weather.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mugen had a nice booth setup, with their S660 displayed.

We helped ourselves to some Mugen apparel (Colin fitting a Mugen jacket)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RAYS booth with the usual beautifully made wheels.

TRD showing off a special edition FRS 14R60 (#33 of 100)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The race is about it start! The parade laps were led by Japanese police motorcycles.

There is quite the variety of cars racing in Super GT. I took way to many pics to post everything so I picked some of the better shots with some variety, with a bias towards the NSX of course. (If you want to see a specific car, let me know and I'll see if I have some close ups for you)

Mighty Autobacs NSX

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Impreza police car. (Google Japanese if you want to see more of these. They have everything from GT-R to NSX police vehicles.)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Surprised to see Mugen MF10s fitted to this vehicle.

Saying goodbye to our airbnb host Masa.

Off to Osaka via the Shinkansen (bullet train). I'm told the shinkansen nose cones are made of dry carbon by Challenge, same makers of Super GT aero parts and some production carbon like the GT-R rear diffuser.

Next post coming shortly.

Mike B

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A few more pictures and video I pulled off my phone. These are from our stay in Okayama for the Super GT race.

We used airbnb for lodging throughout our trip. The first stop was a nice guesthouse in the countryside among rice fields. We only stayed for 2 nights, but it was the best possible way to start the trip.

Riding with our hosts. They were kind enough to drive 30 minutes to pick us up from the train station. It's a small town, so transportation wasn't easy to come by.

Sleeping quarters. Some of the best sleep of my life.

View from our window. Very hilly, green, and wet.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Continuing on.

The next couple of days were spent walking the streets of Osaka and Kobe. Japan is so photogenic. The structures and surrounding scenes are beautifully laid out, while the moist weather promotes plant growth on everything. It all just feels alive.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

The bullet trains are really cool. Designed with so little air drag, and ride so smooth at 150+ mph.

Standard Japanese subway.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts