Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, hope everyone's staying safe and healthy. I was wondering if any one knows when the 1st gen insights batterys start to go bad? Also I wanna replace the fuel filter but am having trouble finding it on an aftermarket site. Additionally, my engine rattles alot and I'm thinking about replacing the mounts. Thoughts? Thanks- Eli

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
I was wondering if any one knows when the 1st gen insights batterys start to go bad?
I'll assume you're asking about the IMA battery, and that you're asking for indicators of a bad pack. Probably the most obvious, crude indicator is if the "BAT" gauge starts to make large jumps, like from high to low in a handful of seconds, or from low to high in some seconds, particularly if you get an "IMA" warning light in the process.

Here's a recent thread I started with a few tips on how to test your pack:

Also I wanna replace the fuel filter but am having trouble finding it on an aftermarket site.
Try Majestic Honda online. It's a major Honda dealer in Rhode Island that seems to always have most parts.

Link, change model year if needed:

Additionally, my engine rattles alot and I'm thinking about replacing the mounts. Thoughts?
Check the rear mount first, it's common for those to be bad. You'll see major cracks in the 'arms', if not out-right broken. Only replace the fronts if you can pry the center piece around and see major cracks; don't mistake minor surface cracking for major cracks, as minor surface cracking has little to no impact on performance. The fronts are fluid filled, so if you see oily residue replace the fronts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts