Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my transmission mount is bad and I'm looking to replace all of my motor mounts. Where can I find OEM mounts? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
Honda.

Reactions: Steady

·
Registered
03 Insight, 94 BMW E34, 92 Benz W140, 81 Toyota 4x4, 73 Ford P400
51 Posts
Assuming it's a 5-speed manual, not CVT...

50820-S3Y-J01 starboard
50805-S3Y-J02 port
50810-S3Y-J01 rear. This one seems to go out much more often than the first two. I bought mine (genuine Honda only) from Autohausaz, as it was the best price I could find and I've had good experiences with their customer service.

·
Super Moderator
1,839 Posts
I don’t see where you have told us if the car is a MT or CVT.
The part numbers, moroza has posted are for the MT.

Scott

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes, that's for MT. For CVT...

50820-S3Y-J01 starboard. Shows up in catalog for CVT, but description is "Rubber Assembly, Engine Side Mounting (Mt)". Given that it bolts to the engine, whose position presumably doesn't change, it should be the same. Scott or anyone else - can you verify?
50805-S3Y-J91 port
50810-S3Y-J92 rear

·
Super Moderator
1,839 Posts
The starboard or green is the same for both transmission types.
The port or red side for the CVT number is correct.
Also, the number you posted for the stern is correct ending in J92.

Scott

·
Super Moderator
1,839 Posts
Well when I grew up, it was in a boating family. We had a boat and so did my grandfather who had boats most of his life. He taught me at an early age about port and starboard and the color lights associated on the sides of the boat. The way he said to remember them is:
Port, left and red are all 4 letters or less.
Starboard, right and green are all 5 letters or more.

Scott

Reactions: bbcb

·
Registered
51 Posts
Cool, I didn't know that. Had vague memories of reading about aircraft carrier landing lights that were color-coded for sides.

I use port and starboard because unlike left and right, they're unambiguous with regards to where you're looking from. The left side of the engine bay is different if you're sitting in the driver's seat than if you're looking into an open hood. "Passenger side" and "driver's side" is unambiguous until you take right-hand-drive (UK, Japan, and some other countries) into account.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts