Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! 2 week owner of a 2019 Insight Touring and I am quickly finding all the little quirks (like no spare tire). I noticed that the key fob has a switch to release the actual real key from the electronic fob, however i don't see a keyhole anywhere in the car! I read the manual and it outlines a procedure of holding the fob on the push buttom start in the event the fob battery is low, but couldn't find anything about using the actual key. Any "insight" into this? Am i just blind??

Side note: the manual has a lot of typos. Pretty disappointed as this is my first Honda and i expected better from something as simple as proof reading. But back to the key....

·
Super Moderator
4,725 Posts
Wait until you try to find your 12V battery!

Sam

·
Super Moderator
4,725 Posts
I just looked on Majestic. A replacement is $180. Not as bad as I expected.

Sam

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi everyone! 2 week owner of a 2019 Insight Touring and I am quickly finding all the little quirks (like no spare tire). I noticed that the key fob has a switch to release the actual real key from the electronic fob, however i don't see a keyhole anywhere in the car! I read the manual and it outlines a procedure of holding the fob on the push buttom start in the event the fob battery is low, but couldn't find anything about using the actual key. Any "insight" into this? Am i just blind??

Side note: the manual has a lot of typos. Pretty disappointed as this is my first Honda and i expected better from something as simple as proof reading. But back to the key....
If you want a spare tire, visit a wrecking yard and get a spare (with hold-down screw), jack, toolkit and foam holder from a 2016-18 Civic. It fits perfectly and can be had for a little over a hundred bucks!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
All press to start vehicles are like this. Some the early ones had a place in the glove box to put the electronic key if the press to start didn’t work with just the key close by. We used to borrow my daughter’s Kia Optima Hybrid and it took a while to learn how the entry/starting worked. Like if you want what was the accessory key position what you do is press the start button without press the brake.
She had one key that got run through the washer and no longer worked. I used it by removing the “key” and opening the car then using the fob inserted to start it. PITA, but better than being stranded (or a street sweeping ticket)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts