Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a "How Old are you?" post, I was wondering where everyone is from. I use to own a Infiniti G35 and the owners are always doing something. Getting together locally and taking a short drive to some near by area for lunch or even just to meet at a restaurant to share ideas and see each others cars. Has anyone evey tried to do something like this for the Insight owners?

I'll go first, I live in So. California in Temecula which is in Southern Riverside County right at the San Diego County border. I work in Garden Grove, CA which is in Orange County, a 75 mile commute one way. I have to take some of the worst freeways in So. Cal.

Anybody near either Temecula or Garden Grove?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi commuter,

if you click on Memberlist at the top of the page, you can see where the list members who filled out a profile are. A lot of people don't fill out a profile, or even sign a name to their posts, so they're not likely to bother to respond to your post.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Canada, In the boonies halfway between Ottawa and Kingston. There are so few Insights in Canada that when two meet its an occasion, 3 is a gathering, 4 is a parade, and 5 is a guiness record! :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
where is everyone from

Half way between Casa Grande and Gila Bend, AZ B....F...E; commute is 105 round trip to Tempe. Work for General Electric. Live so far out that there is no electricity (we are solar), no mail delivery, no land phone (we have cells). Have only seen one other Insight since mine was purchased in August and it had Colorado plates. Very rare here in SUV monster land. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well I'm from the mid-west......

...part of Germany. :wink:

In June 2002 I organized the first Insight-Meet in Germany, maybe even Europe. There were 5 Insights in total, and it even got a mention in the "Challenge Magazine" from Honda (January 2003) on page 36. My car is the one on the far left on the pic in the mag.
:D
I'm probably the only one of them still driving the Insight.

BTW, everything looks set for a leather steering-wheel and new alloys, woohoo !!! 8)

Oh, and I met up with "speed" out of this forum in June this year. Was probably the first Trans-Atlantic Insight-get-together, as he hails from Dallas/TX

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Hi Commuter,

I live in Hull, Massachusetts, a peninsula located south of Boston and north of Cape Cod. My commute is usually into Cambridge, MA about 90 minutes each way.

I see mostly SUVs and and an occasional Prius. I've only seen one Insight so far.

Murasaki

·
Registered
569 Posts
I live in Martinsburg, WV, about 100 miles west of DC. I have a commute into Sterling, VA of 52 to 74 miles, depending on which way I go. I have three different routes, and get about the same mileage whichever way I go.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Glendale AZ, not even a mile from Phoenix (Glendale is west of Phoenix).

BillClark, add another 20 miles to that commute and you can see another Insight, lol. Well actually I can probably show you two.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't beleive that no one else from So. Cal has posted here yet. I thought with this being the land of Ed Bagley Jr. and all there would be a few that may want to meet up sometime.

I like reading all the different post of commutes and stuff. I thought about looking at everyones profile, but I figured this was a good opportunity for everyone to express themselves.

Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
I live in Bakersfield California and work at the Kilroy building next to LAX. I drive down the 99 to the 5, up the Grapevine and over the Tejon pass, down the 405 to LAX and back 4 to 5 days a week (244.4 miles round trip). 55.2 lifetime MPG on my CVT. At 63,000 miles, I find that I have to use the "S" mode on the climb up to Gorman on the way to work, but never on the way back. The battery ends each trip at full charge, and has charged up from empty to full at exactly the same rate (places) along my commute...so far.

I see Insights on the 405 all the time. Lets do an Insight version of the "Jeep" wave. Honk or something.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,882 Posts
Sorry I didn't post before, just got back from one of my "adventures".

I've tried to get a group together for a "run" and it is hard to do.

I'll see you on the 5th at the autocross. Look for a red Insight with white racing stripes..............Willie

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Willie,

Don't show up on the 5th or you'll be athe Football game. The SCCA Solo II event is on 12-4-04 Saturday. This is kind of odd. They usually have the events on Sunday, but because of the football game it will be on Saturday this time.

Mike

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I am from Laval,Quebec, Canada.

It is not far from the US border (hour drive) I use to have a sailboat on Lake Champlain in New York state. It took less time to go there than to go to Lake St-Louis because of the city traffic but it was before 2001

My previous cars (or truks) where 6 inlines (4L), V6 (3L), V8 (302,350,360,400,454) Mostly Pontiac and 2 Jeeps. But my first car was a 1.6L

Although I Always agree with Kip, b1shum63, I would rephrase his line to 1 less:

"There are so few Insights in Canada that when you see one it is an occasion, two meet its an gathering (we already did), 3 is a parade, 4 is a guiness record, and 5 is never going to happen"

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yves M. said:
and 5 is never going to happen"
I guess you guys missed out on the Toronto Insight BBQ in the summer of 2003 where we had 6 Insights! 8)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yves M. said:
"There are so few Insights in Canada that when you see one it is an occasion, two meet its an gathering (we already did), 3 is a parade, 4 is a guiness record, and 5 is never going to happen"
:D Now, now, I have photographic proof (thanks to Jerry- who's the driver missing from the photo!) of 6 Insights in a Toronto park, the weekend after the blackout of 2003:

Now, to be fair, only 5 of the 6 were Canadian Insights, but still, 5 is possible!

Oh, and to stay on topic, I'm Opal and I'm from Waterloo Ontario, currently living slightly north of Waterloo in the tourist mecca known as St. Jacobs.
It's debatable who's more efficient in St. Jacobs: my Insight or the Mennonite horse and buggies :p

(Heh. Looks like Guillermo and I were on the same page with that one...)

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Ah ah, you got me there. So I was wrong.

It is proof then that the Ontatio goverment giving a tax credit (or similar) can improve the buying trends of consumers.

Since the Quebec goverment does not care much about polution or tax credits, I shall rephrase again:

"There are so few Insights in Quebec that when you see one it is an occasion, a two meet is a gathering, 3 is a parade, 4 is a guiness record, and 5 is never going to happen"

So with good luck, I shall be present in your next meeting.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,882 Posts
Sorry about the date. I knew what I was thinking, but I had a "senior moment" and typed the wrong date.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts