Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have saved enough money to purchase John Wayland's Shoebox subwoofer audio system, and now his website appears to be offline! Does anyone know whether he is still selling his system? If so, is there a phone number or e-mail address where he can be reached? If not, what can the group recommend as the next best thing? I am definitely planning on replacing the head unit and the front speakers. but would also like to add a subwoofer or rear speakers, assuming that Best Buy or Circuit City could be trusted to do the job properly. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
John announced some months back on the Honda-Hybrids yahoo group that he could no longer spare the time to continue his productions of the shoe box sub woofers. He had a final production of 10 made and I believe he has since sold them all. Having seen a super shoe box in real life up and close, WOW! Amazing little box, so customly made and intricate. There is no way you could replicate one on your own. Believe me I've tried. Your best bet if my information is accurate is to maybe just get a small 8 inch sub and put it in a regular square box and put it in the rear storage well.

As far as replacing the head unit and speakers it's not really all that difficult to do yourself. I personally wouldn't trust many places to touch my car. They get it working, but half of the time they'll cut wires to make it happen. Unfortunately the Geoff Shepherd site that had Waylands shoe box system displayed on it had all the instructions on how to get to the head unit.

Perhaps I will find it in myself to post my step by step pictures on the net somewhere for everyone to see.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts