Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The most frequent question I get about my new Insight MT is "Where is the plug?"
With gas prices going up, I have seen more and more interest in my car.
The next most frequent question is "I guess that cost you about $35,000 to $40,000, right?"
I also get comments about the SUV "bully" factor. It seems to be a common idea that people driving big gas guzzlers resent the insightful use of hybrids...what is up with that? I haven't had any problems, at least so far.
After talking with people at the pump about my average mpg...on my rare visits to the gas station...I also hear the comment, "No wonder I never see these cars at the pump" :lol:
Overall, I have had great reaction to my bright red Insight 8)

·
Registered
63 Posts
"It seems to be a common idea that people driving big gas guzzlers resent the insightful use of hybrids...what is up with that?"

See the show "South Park" about "Smug" for the answer. Not that all of us are. It is just the perception by people. Just like we percieve many SUV drivers as wasteful when they might have a very good use for it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i definately had problems with large vehicles having road rage... i even had a logging truck try to run me off the road.

since my custom paint job everyone stays away from me.... like they're afraid they might hit me and have to pay for it or something :badgrin:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just have a sign on my insight that says, in big letters, "it doesn't plug in!"
I then have some more details about the insight below that, and a whole page of info that I stick on the sun screen whenever I park my car.

There's usually people looking at it scratching their heads, so I figured I'd go ahead and edjumacate them. :lol:

I actually heard from a prius owner that the plug in question is the top one they get too.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Another misconception is people think there is a ton of lead acid batteries in the back and are surprised to here there are 48 lbs of NIMH type D cells totaling 120.
Hope I got those figures right ;)
DGate

·
Registered
131 Posts
I find that most people are genuinely shocked to find out that mileage is in the 60s (and would be higher if I didn't drive so fast)! I have a "60+ mpg" sticker on the back of my insight from http://www.mpgstick.com and I hope it's educational.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts