Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my 2000 Insight today. And of course with every used car there are a few goodies I want, or need, to buy. Here is the list I'm looking for;

1. Battery hold down (missing)
2. Little fastners that hold the small piece of panel directly in front of the rear wheel skirts. One side has them. They appear to be plastic.
3. Driver doors weather seal.
4. Pedal (brake, clutch and gas) rubber pads.

Also what does everyone recommend to clean the seats and door panel fabric?

Thanks for the help!

Mike

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Majestic rocks!

Majestic! They rock!

I bought parts that I needed for the reconstruction of my car (large stuff: front bumper, hood, etc.) They vere very helpfull and their price is unbeatable. I drove down to pick the parts up (don't try to pay freight on a hood!) They even helped me load the hood onto the roof of my girlfriends Civic and strap it down. Great guys!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Mike,
I've ordered many parts from these guys: San Leandro Honda. They're also on the West Coast and their prices are pretty good as well.

They have some great parts diagrams that link right to the part number (assuming you can find the part your looking for!).

Give it a try and good luck! 8)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the help. I spoke to the guy who I bought the Insight from today and he said right before he was getting ready to send the car my way, it started to stall when it was running down the street. He took it back to the dealer that I had inspect the car, and they first told him that was normal and there was nothing wrong with the car. They thought it was the Idle stop. He insisted that they hook it back up to the computer and see what was wrong. Well they finally agreed to do a quick diagnostic and found out that the O2 sensor was going bad. The guy that I bought the car from didn't even hesitate and had them replace the O2 sensor. He didn't even tell me that he had done the work until after the car was delivered to me. He spent around $500.00 that he truly didn't have to. The stupid dealer told him to put it on the truck and ship it to me in that condition. BTW the dealer is Gillman Honda in Houston, Texas. What a great Ebay seller and what a great person. If any one is looking for a good used car from one of the last honest people on Earth let me know and I can hook you up with this guy.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Commuter:

___Some E-Bay seller sold you an Insight with a battery hold down missing, rear spat fasteners missing, drivers door weather seal that was FUBAR, and worn pedal pads and you are praising him?

___Hopefully your Insight experience will improve immensely over time from this point forward. There were a few other posts in regards to Honda parts floating around the forum. I purchase OEM Honda and Acura accessory add-ons from http://www.Hondacuraworld.com myself although this is for std. accessory parts, not replacement HW.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:3ge7r72q][email protected][/email:3ge7r72q]

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
For cleaning the seats, door panels and carpet I have Found Meguiar's carpet and interior cleaner to be a great product.

A bottle is about $4 and you can find it at most automotive parts stores.

If your just working on a lightly soiled surface first vaccum to get out whatever you can, then spray the product on and wipe with a clean terry cloth towel. Repeat this until the towel is clean after you wipe it. If the fabric is very soiled this may take many passes to get it clean. IF it's a very soiled surface you can use a brush to help agitate the dirt out, but be extremely cautious with a brush on Insight fabric surfaces. You'll need to get a very soft gentle brush made for automotive interior surfaces. Trust me it's worth $3 to get a purpose made brush than to ruin your interior by using too aggressive of a brush. Try it on a test spot first before doing the whole thing, and be extremely careful with the door panels.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I praise the guy on ebay only because he did the right thing. He s could have sent it with the O2 sensor screwed up. My question is why didn't Gillman Honda see those things when I pais them to be my eyes and ears in Houston?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'll second San Leandro Honda, bought many little things from them.

And if you want a battery hold down bar I have a spare. Ordered one for myself, then found it tie-wrapped somewhere. Cost of postage.

jc

·
Registered
569 Posts
http://www.handa-accessories.com. They seem to have good prices. I'm probably going to order a engine block heater from them. Their price is $31.20. I called a dealership and they quoted me $68.00.

·
Registered
303 Posts
bfivelover said:
www.handa-accessories.com. They seem to have good prices. I'm probably going to order a engine block heater from them. Their price is $31.20. I called a dealership and they quoted me $68.00.
I can second this recommendation. I purchased drivers' side and cargo area floor mats from them, they showed up very quickly and their prices seem unbeatable.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And if you want a battery hold down bar I have a spare. Ordered one for myself, then found it tie-wrapped somewhere. Cost of postage.

I just ordered the battery tie down with the bolts. It cost me all of $6.00 with the bolts. Thanks for the offer. I wish I had known I wouldn't have ordered the tie down.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also would recommend http://www.handa-accessories.com. I bought some nice Insight floor mats from them significantly cheaper than the dealer was asking for them. Since the dealer didn't have them in stock anyway, I received them just as quick by ordering them on-line.

If you don't have floor mats I would definitely recommend getting them, maily because one of them has the honda logo and the other has the insight logo.

What number Insight is yours Mike? Check the last four digits in your vin number. Just curious because I recently bought a 2000 model on e-bay, am in sales, and named Mike. Crazy coincidence? I think not.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The last three numbers on my Insight are 562. Mine came from Houston. TX. It was sent from a private party. I actually bought it off of Ebay. Everything went well with the auction. I had it transported to California.

Man, that is weird Mike. Almost Twilight Zone stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts