Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question,

Where is the manual transmission fill. Is it through the speed sensor, where it it typically is for other Hondas?

Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
408 Posts
There are two bolts on the tranny...one on the side for filling and and one on the bottom for draining. I think the owners manual might have a picture. You have to use a long funnel to fill it up down through the engine compartment. Once the fluid starts flowing out of the top bolt, you know it's full.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kapps said:
There are two bolts on the tranny...one on the side for filling and and one on the bottom for draining. I think the owners manual might have a picture. You have to use a long funnel to fill it up down through the engine compartment. Once the fluid starts flowing out of the top bolt, you know it's full.
cool, I think I know whch one your talking about. Thanks man

·
New to the party
155 Posts
I tried that, I downloaded the 50mb load of PDFs but I couldn't find it in there. The other file that is 180mb is a exe, as a run I don't download and run exe's from the net. On you recommendation I downloaded it and my antivirus warned that it might harm my computer.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I wasn't able to find or use a funnel so I went with the oil pump that I bought years ago from an auto parts store... works great.

Be sure to first remove the "fill bolt" BEFORE you remove/drain the oil just in case you have issues with the fill bolt, this way you won't be stuck without oil in the tranny

·
7,200 Posts
I tried that, I downloaded the 50mb load of PDFs but I couldn't find it in there. The other file that is 180mb is a exe, as a run I don't download and run exe's from the net. On you recommendation I downloaded it and my antivirus warned that it might harm my computer.
LOL....

Just run the damn executable, don't be silly. As if the forums would be hosting a virus for years.

·
New to the party
155 Posts
I ran the exe and found the proper pdf.

I still think it is a really bad idea to have something be a exe that could have been a zip file. Common sense is the best anti-virus.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Very true. It's also a bad idea to post an exe because of the increasing number of Mac users who can't run a Windows exe.
Exe files for windows can be opened on a mac; It's not that much more difficult but you have to change the file name extension from .exe to .zip then unarchive the files via Stuffit a program available for mac OS X by downloading free off the net.
ie.
The way to run the
" Honda-Insight-2000-2006.exe " file on a mac is to change the file extension to
" Honda-Insight-2000-2006.zip "
Selecting the file, hit the return key, move the cursor, selecting over the '.exe' and replace the ending with ".zip".

After completing the typing and hitting the return key the computer will prompt for a dialog box that says:

_____________________________________________​

Click affirmatively with the mouse button "Use Zip" on the right side dialog box button to make the change.

At that point, you may wish to move the newly named zip file, [prior to clicking on it and unarchiving a long list of files], into a separate folder named appropriately to contain the lot of archived files as they will likely by default unzip into the source folder where the the zip file resides. ie. they may unzip into the 'download folder' or 'desktop' as the case may be.

Clicking on the zip file may open it directly with Stuffit, [or perhaps Unarchiver or other which will not read the file], however if you "Open with.." the Stuffit application it will work directly.
If you open the Stuffit application first and the Expander window appears on the Desktop, you will click, hold, and drag the Zip icon into the small ''Expander" window.
Drag the icon for the 'Honda Insight 2002-2006.zip' file into the center of the Expander window on top of the Stuffit icon [blue ball and 4 arrows] with the mouse. The unarchiving will begin and the Pdf documents will in about a minute be available in the folder where the zip source file resides.

I hope that will be useful generically for unarchiving any .exe files on a mac using stuffit utility.

The Honda Insight files are all in pdf format readable via Adobe Reader which should be on the mac already.

nb. Other .exe files elsewhere may perhaps contain unreadable files applicable only to windows.

If you need to find specific items of interest in the repair manual, you can search in the finder window containing the list of files the keywords you are looking for: ie. "manual" "transmission" "oil"
In this case, you will find the listing "mamual [sic] transmission.pdf" and some other files where the keywords reside in spite of the misspelled pdf.

I am not aware of any .exe files containing mac viruses etc but as said a virus checker is always a good idea to run.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts