Honda Insight Forum banner

Where to get: Metal Radiator

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  mortenz 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where to find a fully metal radiator or companies that custom make them? Or even one that isn't necessarily made for our cars but will fit will do, I just want it to be full metal. Plastic is the most dumb choice for a radiator.

#4 ·
Looks like most of the mfg. are dumb as that is what has been used for several years.
Radiators are like body parts, they wear out and need to be replaced. I got 20 years use out of mine. Radiator that is.

#6 ·
Saying that plastic is the "most dumb choice for a radiator" is well...dumb.

Radiators are a wear item. Even the old brass ones fail and need to be rebuilt. You can get 15 years pretty easily out of "plastic" one. It's really a non-issue.

And the thing is, 100% aluminum radiators fail too. Not only that, they cost substantially more and won't necessarily last longer. I've seen 7-8 year old all aluminum rads fail.

Given that you are in the LA area, you should just get one from Scott at Jue Motors. The ones they source are drop in replacements. The molds are basically identical to the OE Denso radiator and they really aren't that expensive.

#7 ·
The juice is not worth the squeeze.
Just go with an aftermarket and be done for many years.

Scott

Reactions: Atheos
#12 ·
EK civic item fits with a few tweeks, I have a mishimoto in my insight. you need to chop and drill the lower mounts on the car to get it to fit, trim the slam panel/lock carrier and bend the release lever a little to clear the cap. hoses heed reducers as the civic pipework is slightly larger diameter.

mishimoto guarantee against every eventuality for the original purchased, a friend had his rad split when he hit a tyre wall airborn at about 120mph, mishimoto had him a replacement unit out free of charge very quickly!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.