Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I've got a 2010 LX that I'm going to put a Sony XAV-AX5000 into, but I'm not sure where to run the microphone wire.

In my previous car, a 2000 Accord, I ran the wire in the area where my 2010 Insight has a curtain airbag. Is it safe to remove the cover to those? I was looking in the service manual and it looks like you have to break a clip to get that out, which doesn't sound appealing. Plus I don't want to do anything that could hinder operation of the airbag.

So... where has anyone else put their mic wire?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Our Insight came with bluetooth, but on my older Honda I did what the Kenwood manual suggested and put it in the steering column below the speedo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. I wouldn't have thought about putting it there...

I ended up just pulling on things and seeing where I could run cables on Saturday... so here's how I ran my wire. I put it in the top left above the airbag curtain like I was intending, but was able to run the wire behind the airbag. The mic wire is thin enough that I think (well, hope) it'd just snap if the bags deployed. It's fairly easy to run it under the driver's door weather stripping. Hopefully this helps someone else!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts