303 Posts
I would guess:

- 2000-2001 Insight Electrical Troubleshooting Manual

I think I ordered this:
- 2000-2003 Insight Service Manual

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
The Honda ETM is the one. However don't expect the "internals" of the computer systems or their logic. AFAIK its proprietary as with _all_ other manufacturers similar systems e.g. ABS etc.

There have been dozens of threads contemplating as to how to make the IMA system "better". Yes its "do-able" but all the suggestions that I have read are of the mi-noot overall MPG performance increase at a _huge_ cost.

Good Luck! & HTH!

Edit: FWIW there is currently an ETM on eBay, caveat emptor. And Helm produces manuals in production runs, an ETM from Helm _may_ not be available for weeks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=34223

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
It is for the solar panel/IMA? I can scan the about 10 pages from the IMA section. It could be 2Mb (jpgs in b/w) and send it to you.

Just so that you can have an example of the book, not for copyright bypassing

·
Registered
39 Posts
FYI ... Helm availability ... I ordered the big service manual, body repair manual, and the electric troubleshooting manual about 4 weeks ago, and recived them a week after ordering them. They apparently have them in stock at this time.

The ETM Manual says "00-04 Electrical Troubleshooting". I don't know if there is any difference in this manual and older ones acquired over ebay other than simply the model years showing on the cover.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have the ETM. It's mostly schematics, pictures showing the location of connectors and pinouts for each connector. That's it.

I suspect you will find the Service Manual to be more useful. It has an overview on the how each component of the IMA functions, simplier schematics, how to disassemble and reassemble, diagnostics codes and troubleshooting flowcharts.

In both manuals, The parts dealing with the IMA is only a small percentage of overall.

All computers (ECM, MCM, BCM, etc.) are treated as black boxes and little is said about what and how they exchange info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts