Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi 2010 insight, is it normal when you come to a stop and the engine cuts out you hear a whistling sound? like "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEE" I can only assume it's the IMA system running it's the sound of electricity. 80k miles no check engine light or anything. Also, the A/C is off so is the fan.:)

·
Super Moderator
1,527 Posts
Please have your brakes checked. They may be down to the noise makers to let you know they need replacement.

Scott

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Evap Canister purging? Can't be the IMA as the engine isn't turning (engine cuts out) per your statement?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could be a failing fan module

It could be a bad fan module in the hybrid system. I say this because that's what happened to me last year. I could hear a whistling sound coming from the rear while the engine was shut off. After it had lasted for about a month, the hybrid system suddenly halted the moment the fan module finally died and an IMA amber poped up in the dashboard. Of course I didn't know what went wrong when it happened. I was later told by a dealer that the fan module had died. They had to run diagnostics twice and initially charged me $900+ total but later agreed to lower the charge to $700~. Was a big pain that I hope won't happen to you.

Hi 2010 insight, is it normal when you come to a stop and the engine cuts out you hear a whistling sound? like "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEE" I can only assume it's the IMA system running it's the sound of electricity. 80k miles no check engine light or anything. Also, the A/C is off so is the fan.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts