Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy just called me about a 2000 insight it has 44,000 miles on it. He also said it's the green one and I haven't seen these in person.

So, can anyone tell me how they look in person? Or what's your opinion on that color?

Thanks,

Matt

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Matt_P:

___I think Cakely owns a Citrus a well and it’s for sale? IIRC, he has a link in his sig to some pics of his Insight so find a recent post by him and click away.

PS: Only one thread is really needed on the same subject ;) Tim will be around to cure that post haste, I am sure …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:214hxpya][email protected][/email:214hxpya]

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
First Insight I ever saw was a citrus yellow, almost a year before I bought mine. I got a closer look at a citrus on the east coast. Wish I had bought that color; it is quite distinctive and also quite rare (was only made in 2000). Silvers like mine are common.

(P.S. duplicate thread deleted. thanks for the heads up)

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Matt_P:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350420/1. His is a bit modded and I would read up on it very carefully.

___As for the duplicates, just post in the Quick Reply or post in the std. reply, hit submit, and don’t hit any button. The forum SW will automatically take you to the thread you just posted into and with your post shown at the bottom of the list.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:13ps0r6c][email protected][/email:13ps0r6c]

·
Registered
200 Posts
At first, I didn't like the Citrus Yellow, but it has definitely grown on me, to the point that I wish that I had gotten my Insight (2000 Silver, #1203) in that color, especially since it became a first year only color, making it all that much more rare. You definitely have an advantage in finding your car in a parking lot with that color (unless you have SUV's parked around you!).

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Citrus is rare. They only made it for 2000 and I'm guessing only a few hundred were painted this color. And really it is the Insight color. All the pre production and concepts were painted Citrus Yellow. It's space alien green. You either love it or hate it. If you want a color that screams "LOOK AT ME!" you won't find any better. If I were to ever repaint mine I would seriously have to consider a color change to citrus.

BTW, I was told by my dealership that there was a guy near here who had a citrus one with licence plate "90 MPG" that curb slid it and totaled it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
xcel,

Thanks for that link, the citrus yellow doesn't really look that bad, it actually makes the car look a little more futuristic .....

The owner said that the only physical flaw is that the car has a 1 inch crack in the rear bumper because she accidentaly backed into a small pole and she also set her purse on top of the car and made some small scratches.

Do you guys think it would cost a lot to fix that small crack on the bumper?

Thanks for any help,

Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts