Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Linsight Designer
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy folks,
I found a nice red 2000 MT with 53k in Georgia, being sold by Lowe Toyota.
They were going to send it to auction because the "AC pulley was making noise." They wouldn't sell it since it "wasn't running."

After working on them for a few days, I convinced the general manager that the insight battery would be damaged if it sat at auction for months before being sold. I finally convinced him to sell it to me, and while I was working out the details, someone else went out and bought it right from underneath me: When I called in today, the sales manager said it was sold to a gentleman in Georgia "who was just as passionate about buying it" as I was. He even asked "what's the deal with that car?"

Anywho, whomever bought the thing grabbed it right out from underneath me!

·
Super Moderator
4,721 Posts
That stinks. The same thing happened to me a few years ago. I was working a deal with a dealer in Orlando and they sold it out from under me. Then they kept calling me to tell me about Fords and other things they had!

Sam

·
Registered
210 Posts
That really stinks!! Car dealers can really be deceptive. They will sell a car to whomever shows up at their doorstep, and not honor their promises made by phone or email. Sorry Mudder. The person who bought the car may not even know they undermined you....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts