Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one pack with a couple of errant cells so I ordered a new pack from Greentec. It arrived and it was several volts below my other two blocks, therefore unusable at its current level. I need to charge it to 30V (or 60V together) then I can bleed it down to what I need, or balance them. I called and went by several Cal Labs, Repair Shops and "too much liability". Are you kidding me, too much to connect a lithium cell for several minutes or several hours, take your pick.
I'm between Detroit & Chicago and willing to drive further to get this charged or balanced. Can someone out there help me please? I don't want to afford to buy a voltage supply and do it myself. Please IM (or sent a Conversation) or post here. I think this service would be useful to current and future members.
Thanks

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts
You really would be much better doing it yourself. I do.

30V psu's aren't very expensive on flea bay.

30V PSU

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for chiming in. What would it take, circuit-wise, to put a 30V PS into your Simple Cycler. After modifying the code it could be very effective.

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts
A lot. It's not designed in any way for such low voltages or such use.

The psu's mentioned on e-bay are CC and CV you don't need a cycler for or with them to charge LTO blocks.

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Linsight Designer
1,899 Posts
My favorite power supply is the Lambda Genesys series... they range from 0.75 kW all the way up to 10 kW, from 10 volts all the way up to 1200 V, and from 5 A all the way up to 500 A. They're truly versatile professional power supplies and can be had for very little on eBay (but note I use them professionally, so maybe they still seam expensive).

For much less (price, power, voltage, current), this is a great power supply:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts