Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up my new-used 2000 insight last thursday!!!!!
thanks to all!!!!!!
i love it!!!!!!
it was love at first sight 4 years ago, i finally got one now

i have a quick question.

while driving my eyes are constantly glued to the dash
on the rpms/charging/assist gauges

i have been driving very cautiously thus far, not being too aggressive with the gas. my question is this, as i am very tentitive with the gas, i notice that the battery assist is very minimal. if i continue to drive this way does it provide for very long battery IMA battery life? or should i be attempting to atleast put the IMA battery to minmal use??

also, im in LA
can anyone recommend a dealer/hybrid freindly shop that i can begin going to?

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Reads like you've already got the hypermiler touch :!: ;)

But you'd better look up from time to time too, just to check traffic :!: :p

In theory little or no IMA useage is the best. The reality is that there are other factors completely out of your control. You'll see soon enough "strange" IMA SoC gauge readings. The BCM will manage IMA SoC for best battery maintenance.

Your driving in the design "envelope" and will gain the most savings (lower fuel costs) for your trouble :!: :)

HTH! :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
yeah the batteries really dont have that much to do with the mileage... i still get fifty two without em... its more to do with how you drive, though aero dynamics and three cylinders dont hurt :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.