Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's planning on going to the Hybridfest in Madison Wi. next weekend? I am wanting to go if I can get away for a couple of days. Does anyone know of any inexpensive places to stay?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I really, really, wanted to go, but it was just a tad too much travel.

(It would have been from NYC, with picking up a friend zig zagged in Michigan.).

Have fun

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
The onsite hotel that is attached tot he grounds in not the cheapest place in town. ($94 per night), but it is the closest. In fact, connected by a walkway. [mod edit]. I know some guys are sharing rooms if you're comfortable with that.

You could always do the Priceline hotel thing. You may be a bit farther away, but get good price.

There's a campground within 5 miles if you are into that as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric Thanks for the info. I would have no problem sharing a room if I can find someone that would be interested. Being new to the Insight - Hybrid crowd I don't know many.

Thanks
Dave

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Hi Dave W; I sure hope you can make it! It would be a pleasure to meet you and see your car. I'm driving my Insight all the way from Seattle, and hope to average 98 mpg along the way.

Yeah, make it a priority; and I will look forward to seeing you there.....

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,918 Posts
I will be at the Hybridfest booth this Sat. 7/14/07 at the Finish Line of The Great Race in Anaheim, Ca,

and then enroute to Madison next week.

Willie

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Billy As of now I am planning on making it, I have a lot of loose ends to tie up first. It will be great to see you and check out your car. Look me up for sure and let me know what you averaged.

Willie You have a lot of traveling as well. You guys are making my 6 hour ride look like a walk in the park. I am looking forward to checking out your car also, I have always been into turbos. I currently have 2 V8 turbo drag cars and a 1400cc turbo motorcycle.

Dave

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'll be there. I'm leaving on Sunday from South Florida, with a bunch of stops along the way.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Friday afternoon. Unfortunately I won't be there in time for the mileage challenge, but I wouldn't come close to winning anyway so it's okay.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Well, meet us up at the Olin Park when you get in town.
You'll be able to cheer the others on and see how the numbers turn out for everyone.

It's gonna' be fun!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One day to go. Plans are made, motel is booked and I will be rolling out first thing in the morning. I plan on getting there before the start of the Challenge. I am going to take my camera to get some pictures and maybe post them next week. Everyone stop by and say hi.

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts