Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right then. There's been chat back and forth of getting the Golden Triangle/Toronto/London/Woodstock/etc. gang together to talk Insights, point and stare, get photos...

Anybody game for Sunday afternoon? (June 8th - say 3pm)

The weather looks promising.

I'm thinking of the Chapters parking lot at King St and Weber St in Waterloo (stop laughing, KW-ites, I'll provide instructions so no one gets the wrong King & Weber :D) - lots of room and a source of coffee (and Tim's is just across the street too)

It'll be nice to finally meet a bunch of you!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Sounds good to me. I will actually be passing by on Saturday as well on my way to Orangeville.

Any solid plans on what we could actually be doing? Normally, when the RX-7 people get together we sort of plan a group activity...ie. track time, cruises, show and shine, etc. Generally all ending up with dinner...Not sure if track time is appropriate for the Insight, but definitly a little show, some cruising as well as a dinner would be a good thing.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I can't make that day.
June 14 or June 15 is better if you join me to compete or just hang out and watch autoslalom races those days in Toronto and Mississauga respectively.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never done this before, so anyone who has ideas about what to do, speak up! :)

I'm fine with dinner/a little group cruising, should there be interest.
I'm mostly curious about driving with someone who's got higher milage than me so I can figure out what I'm doing wrong! (volunteers?)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an Idea

On June 15 in Cedarvale Park (in Georgetown Ontario, near 401 between milton and brampton) there is the Annual Fathers Day Classics Against Cancer, For the last 2 years they have Invited Hybrids to come in the "Special Interest Section" I will be there with my insight and its 1323 watt sound system and if anyone else is in the area I think that would be a great place to show off your hybrids and to meet other hybrid owners (last year there were 2 prius's and one insight (mine) (Last year I think there were over 10,000 people who attended)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where am I going?

Chapters - Waterloo
428 King Street North,
Waterloo , Ontario

1. From the 401, exit at highway 8 (If you're coming in from London, follow Sportsworld drive and then pickup highway 8).

2. Stay to the right and turn onto highway 86.

3. Take the King St. N exit, stay left and go to the lights at the bottom of the ramp.

4. Turn left onto King St N.

5. At the THIRD (edited: I went and verified. Sorry!) set of lights later (King St N and Weber St N), turn left onto Weber.

6. Turn left at the next set of lights.

7. Chapters parking lot on left. Watch out for insane people coming out of Canadian Tire with no regard for lanes and line-ups.

See you Sunday at 3 :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
The meet-up went well. We had four beautiful Insights attracting attention in the Chapters parking lot and later at Mel's Diner. Here are some pictures I took:

Thanks to Opal for organizing the meet-up!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They guy with the red Mini Cooper S (with flames, no less!) that pulled up and asked with a grin if this was the "monthly fuel-economy meeting" was classic :wink:

The pics turned out well, Liam. Thanks for posting them!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Southern Ontario Get Together

Opal I was sorry I couldn't make the 8th but it was short notice and I live an hour east of Toronto and it would have been a long haul there and back on the same day. Could we plan another later in the summer?
Also it would be nice to put a name to the faces in the pictures I have been to Aaron's web site , so I figure he is the fellow with the long hair
(hope I'm right) but how about the rest of you.
Can any of you make it to "The Father's Day Cassics For Cancer" in Georgetown on the 15th that Canuck 2003 mentioned in his post?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Jerry,

The general concensus (as I remember it anyway) was that we are definitely getting together again later this summer - with far enough planning in advance so that we can get lots of Insight drivers in the same place :)

If the Northern/Ottawa Insight folks are willing to come out and play, maybe meeting somewhere in central Ontario would be best - Kingston-ish, perhaps?

The Georgetown event looks like fun (I'd love to finally see a Prius!)... I don't know if I'll be going yet (yay for overtime *sarcasm*).

I'll post later in the week about my plans, but what about the rest of you Insight-nuts? Going to Georgetown?

If so, shall we caravan down the 401? *grin*

Pictures:
- Aaron's got black hair and is about a foot taller than the short chick (me).
- I'm in jeans and a tank top (the silver Insight in the foreground is mine - Aaron's is mostly hidden :( ).
- Liam - oxygen blue Insight owner - took the pics, so he's missing, but he's also tall.
- Janet (and this is where it falls apart - I'm awful with names and am SO sorry if I got your name wrong AGAIN!) is in the multicoloured shirt and owns the red Insight.

Anybody want to correct the names and slap my knuckles for having a bad memory?[/i]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts