Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my search for an insight, I have noticed that most of the used ones I have found have between 60k and 80k miles. Do these cars have specific issues that need to be dealt with around this mileage? Are they out of warranty?

Justin

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
My guess is that some people are still afraid to keep the car longer than
the IMA (batteries and other IMA stuff) warranty runs out...Still new
technology to some folks.

JoeCVT - Just your average CVT owner

·
Registered
243 Posts
2000 is by far the most popular model year. So 5 years at the national average of 12K to 15K miles per year and you have the mileage of the average Insight.

As for warranty and common failures, do your research. It's easy to find. Don't ask others to do it for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i added 20 k in 6 months

for this car mileage doesn't mean anything, this is usually a commuter's car = lots of mileage. mine is now at 75k, still runs great.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Re: i added 20 k in 6 months

lahlooha said:
for this car mileage doesn't mean anything, this is usually a commuter's car = lots of mileage. mine is now at 75k, still runs great.
I hope so! That's not saying much--any modern car that isn't running great at 75K must be a total piece of garbage.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I think it has a lot to do with the IMA warranty period and the fact that Insight's are usually bought as a car to put a lot of miles on. I believe there was a gentleman that occasionally visits the Yahoo group that put 100,000 miles on his in just a little over a year. They bought the car back and gave him another and he racked up about that many miles as quickly on the second one.

I think a lot of the high mileage Insight's you see on there with only so so LMPG's are just driven, not necessarily hard but fast at 75-80mph highway speeds. So that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Gee now my 36K miles seems kinda low in comparison.

·
Registered
30 Posts
mine has been fine

I bought a used 01 Insight last August and it had 87000 miles on it. It now has 100000 and has had no problems. I supposed folks are ready for a newer vehicle when the warranty on the battery is over. My folks are like that. By the way, both my parents are now proud owners of the Toyota Prius ('02 and '05). :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts