Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Is there a reason why we can't delete a post?
I would like to have that option.
Is it possible to activate the option to delete a post?

·
Registered
897 Posts
According to Stephen Hawkiings Black hole Would give off radiation which would come from The event horizon over google time spans it would evaporate .it's easier to get information back from a black hole than money from an ex girlfriend.Old ancient Chinese proverb.another word for singularity with me I have no idea what makes the black hole coexist with everything else. Looks like everything would be one way or the other. That's why I enjoy it Honda Insight so much you get your money back.

·
Registered
265 Posts
According to Stephen Hawkiings Black hole Would give off radiation which would come from The event horizon over google time spans it would evaporate .it's easier to get information back from a black hole than money from an ex girlfriend.Old ancient Chinese proverb.another word for singularity with me I have no idea what makes the black hole coexist with everything else. Looks like everything would be one way or the other. That's why I enjoy it Honda Insight so much you get your money back.
Are you SURE you don’t work for the gum’mint?

·
Administrator
10,810 Posts
I think the logic of it, is that it stops the forum getting very messy and threads being broken.

You can certainly edit your posts at least for some time after you make them.

But if others have replied and you then started deleting posts completely, threads would make no sense and information would be lost.

It's what stops disgruntled members deleting there entire history of posts etc.

I get annoyed with A and leave forum in a huff, I delete my 10,000 posts and break 5000 threads :(

It's particularly important thread starters can't delete the original post once others have replied, as it makes no sense and is disrespectful to the people who replied.

On one motoring forum I frequent posters can delete posts or edit them for ever.
This is quite amusing as someone will post something contentious, and it has now the habit of the first person who replies to quote the entire original post.
This means if the original poster deletes their post the text is still available to view in the quoted post! LOL
I've seen a few people frothing at the mouth when they deleted their original post, but can't do anything about the fully quoted copy. :)

Admins and mods can delete posts and threads on here,
but we will only do so if they break rules, are offensive etc.
We won't delete posts if they break or disrupt threads or cause useful information to be lost.

As others have pointed out regard anything you post on here as irretrievably going into the public domain for ever.

·
Administrator
641 Posts
retepsnikrep is correct. Its to ensure the continuation of threads and remove the ability for members to go in and break threads after something was posted.
- JB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts