Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was there a rash of failures, and Honda felt the need to extend the warranty to previous owners?

And why only 2002 and later models?

·
Registered
408 Posts
First off, 02's came with the upgraded computer with better battery management so that's probably the reason for no early model support. The reason for the extension may just be to compete with Toyota's standard warranty or to keep Insight owners happy. From what I've read, Honda has picked up most (if not all) of the bill for battery replacements even before this extension so this might just make it official.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
HUH :!: :?

The warranty extension applies to all models :!:

Sticky:
US IMA warranty 10 year extension UPDATED to all 50 states!
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=4796

How about _reading_ a current related thread before posting a non question. :/ And it's been "stickied" here in the General Discussion forum.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Good point Sherrisue. And I was wondering when somebody would post the question. ;)

Apparently and "officially" the answer is yes, affirming yout statement. But I doubt for long enough for it to become an "issue" ... ;)

Dead end thread and another effective multi post Troy. Why did Honda :?: The only answer we have is in their letter. Follow-up to the link above if there are other questions that have not already been covered in the thread. ;) But impossible to answer questions are not encouraged.

Locking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.