Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading all them posts here of users fitting wider wheels on their Insight I was curious and eager to find out at my local Honda dealer what they could say about me fitting different tyres and wheels to the oem's....
Here's what they (Honda Germany) said:
It is absolutely NOT possible, because the Insight is registered as a 3-liter-car (tax benefits) and it would use MORE fuel if bigger wheels were fitted. It would be a tax fraud if I would do so....... :roll:
I MUST stick to the 165s fitted.

So, I thought, how about the alloy wheels fitted on the Insight in the German sales brochure ...
http://www.insightcentral.net/owners/br ... ro-g0.html
Completely different to ANY Insight brochure, it has other alloy wheels fitted.
They ARE the same size as the original alloys (14"x5,5), so I could theoretically stay with the oem tyres.
Here's Hondas (official) comment again: " It is not possible to fit these alloys, as they were only fitted to the ONE side of the vehicle especially for the photo-shoot (!!!???!!) and they are heavier than the originals. No way!"

My question on what wheels to use for on winter tyres they answered: "Use steel(!!) wheels."
What the f%*# ! Since when are steel wheels lighter than alloys!! They're going completely bonkers over here in Germany.
I'm buying these alloys........ http://www.insightcentral.net/owners/br ... ro-g0.html
.......no matter what they're telling me 8)

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
That is sooo funny! :lol: It happens here too.

A neighbor in another town told me that when he applied to the city to put up a fence they told him it was illegal. When he said he had a pool they told him he had to put up the fence or it would be illegal. :roll:

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
It sounds like they better start putting everyone in jail who doesn't get lean burn at least 42.7% of the time they are driving.

Maybe they should have checkpoints to stop people and examine their lmpg readings. If yours is high, you give them cash on the spot. If yours is low, then they hand you cash on the spot. You can use it to pay your taxes or you can use it to buy schnitzel.

It's a slippery slope. It's like banning cell phones in cars because they are distracting, but not banning passengers or heavens banning children who are the most distracting of all!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Laws are so clumsy - why don't they penalize the gas-guzzlers instead?

Until recently in the US, you could get a tax break of up to $20K for a luxury SUV, but only $2K on an Insight, Prius or hybrid Civic. :(

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the answers guys.
I wonder what Honda'd say if I fit the S-2000 steering-wheel into the Insight.
TOO HEAVY MAN, NO WAY ! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts