Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks :D

Since a few weeks I am, well...actualy my Insight, having a problem with the drivers side window. When I am closing my window it stops halfway and then goes back to fully open. After looking at this closely I've found that the window seal is ruptured, and it is cousing a thikness in the seal that much that the window can't pass. :( Is this a warranty case or a "pulling my wallet" thing ? Is this an Insight problem? I have already greased the seals with sillecone grease. It has to be replaced anyhow.
Will Honda replace it yes or no ?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
IF your car is still under warranty then it is covered. I had my passenger side window rubber and both door seals replaced under warranty. For some reason the Insight's rubber is not lasting.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Occasional use of silicon grease in the run channels (Honda uses Shin Etsu and it works very well) to help prolong the life of these. This is not just an Insight problem unfortunately, the TSB I believe is Insight/S2000.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rick said:
Occasional use of silicon grease in the run channels
Already done that !! After that it was getting worse.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
When my windows where not going up at the same rate (one twice as fast as the other), I used some Shin Etsu.

I first clean with Q-tips then applied the grease with other Q-tips.

Works great since! Fantastic stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts