Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to get new glass installed. Read the shared experiences here (thank you!) I called multiple shops, same price for glass, the trim/clips were the variable. My insight had glass done prior to being gifted to me. The A-pillar trim was glued down, I had some leaks too. Seems the glass guys are onto the clips, 3 of 4 would not include the clips as part of the install. This left me with safelite. I called them, got their quote (emailed to me) and it stated price included clips required to replace glass. I knew it would be sticky, I stopped by the local safeline and inquired. They knew the insight, claimed to have done 15 of them in the last 24 months. The man also stated the windshield "kit" they get from safelight does not include the molding clips, that there would be extra charge if sourced from honda. I then called safelite back, spoke with the same agent as prior and shared my experience- including a telcon with the local shop manager. The net was, they both stated clips were included in the quote. I requested a revised quote that specifically stated in the comment section the clip for the a pillar are included.

The first appoint ws cancelled as they realized they did not have the clips. The second appt was cancelled as they and honda could figure which clips to order (i ended up providing the BOM). On the third try, the glass was installed, including all the a-pillar honda sourced clips. Then they wanted $120 more than quoted due to the clip having to be dealer ordered. I politely communicated that the dealer ordered caveat was not in my invoice, the source of the clips was not a concern of mine. A calm,factual polite call to safelite ultimately led to the agreed pricing (<$260 out the door).

Kudos to the install tech, it looks great. While the pricing was a challenge, safelite resolved it quickly- all within the 20 minutes I was to wait for the urethane to cure. no problem using them again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I attempted to update, same as prior -it refuses to save the up date.

Location is Vermont

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Mountain driver
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing