Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can the windshield from a 2010 US honda insight fit the 2009 JAP honda insight?
Yes but be aware that they use new rubber and clips!
Using the old ones may cause water to come in when it rains.

Rubber cost around 35 euros and the clips 10.
If they dont have it you should take it with you and let them use it.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Both of you need to put your location in your profile. Many things about our Insights are location specific , also local help or recommendations may be available.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I got my windshield replaced a few years back and on a whim I asked if I could have the old rubber strip. Sure, they said.
It had been glued to the glass so it was lined with glass fragments...
Can't reuse that for sure.

All Insights come from one production plant. They should fit, just make sure you have the same spec as EX and higher have rain sensors etc. embedded.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got my windshield replaced a few years back and on a whim I asked if I could have the old rubber strip. Sure, they said.
It had been glued to the glass so it was lined with glass fragments...
Can't reuse that for sure.

All Insights come from one production plant. They should fit, just make sure you have the same spec as EX and higher have rain sensors etc. embedded.
There is a lot of rubbers around the windshield.
Few are not is glued on, for example, the windshield molding. just like the rubber around the doors, it can just be pulled off if lose.
I'm not sure if a new windshield comes with everything that needs to be replaced when they buy it.

For more information regarding this, you can look at the Insight maintenance pdf.
At 20-41 you can see all the components, and 20-43 is more detail regarding it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Shuihi
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing