Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a gallon of concentrate. It said to dilute 10 times. It should have said 1 million times. I have dumped some 15 gallons of water in the reservoir and siphoned it out. Still too soapy. (It leaves streaks on the glass.) Any better ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Try a different washer fluid.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. At the moment, just trying to flush out the old one

Amazingly tenacious stuff. I imagine there is no bottom drain?

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
No drain. It's a bear to remove also IIRR.
You could also use a hose and flush it that way, but you are in a controlled environment so I doubt that you can get away with that.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I got a gallon of concentrate. It said to dilute 10 times. It should have said 1 million times. I have dumped some 15 gallons of water in the reservoir and siphoned it out. Still too soapy. (It leaves streaks on the glass.) Any better ideas?
What brand?

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
If it is TT 880, how long will it take you to use 880 gallons of fluid. 1 gal =880 gallons mix.
Knowing you George, it must have been a super buy.
Take care
willie

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We'll be living in Mars colony by the time the TT880 is exhausted

Thanks, Willie, for the specifics. We'll be in Mars by then. Wasting a drop of water in the colony will be a crime.
Meanwhile, when I take the car for regular service I will ask the mechanics to fix the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
You've siphoned it out but I imagine you'd get more out if you suck it using the built in pump. I think the next step is to run the washer fluid pump until the rest of the tank is empty, add a small amount of water to the tank and run it again a few more times to rinse it out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It would be the common-sense solution

This being a rental, there are some political considerations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts