Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy folks,

I searched the forum for some help on this and came across this thread, but no one ever gave a definitive answer there:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=2057

So here's the deal. Less and less wiper fluid was making its way through my nozzles, even with the windshield washer fluid reservoir having plenty of fluid in it. So I removed the nozzles and sprayed them as best I could with a can of compressed air (like the kind you use to dust off computer and electronics) and while this did help a bit, the nozzles are still a bit clogged.

I read online on other sites that pushing a pin through the nozzle opening would help clear any debris clogging the nozzle, but I tried that as well to no avail.

I also noticed that on top of being clogged, it seems that the nozzles are also aiming the wrong way; they end up squirting the fluid off to the side of the car and/or above the windshield and onto the roof. Sigh.

So, any way I can clear those nozzles up and adjust where they're aiming?

I know my car is under warranty, but it just seems silly to take my car to the dealership for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
washer nozzles

Hi Hegel,

I think you don't want to enlarge the holes any - be careful what you stick in them. If the holes are enlarged they won't squirt right. Aiming them is just a matter of finding something that will fit in the holes and adjusting the squirters. Point them in the direction you want them to squirt.

I've noticed that washer fluid tends to gunk up in there and clog them - my driver's side is barely squirting enough to get to the windshield, but I haven't done anything about it yet. I think the last time this happened, I had to pull the hose off and operate the washer pump to get the slimy, gelatinous washer fluid out of the line. If you don't clear the line, it'll clog the squirter right away - again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Both of my front washer jets are clogged right now. I've disconnected the hose & run the washer, fluid comes out of both tubes. I've tried cleaning the nozzle with a pin. Nothing.

If you find a solution, please let us know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I took it all apart & verified again last week. Both of the hoses when disconnected from the nozzles in the dash squirt fluid without an issue.

At this point it HAS to be the nozzles.

Anyone else have some suggestions on how to clean them I've tried a pin, a small paperclip, a toothbrush... nothing seems to be able to free them up.

At this point when I try to spray the washer fluid, i'm getting zero fluid from one & a little seepage that drips down the hood from the other nozzle.

Anyone?? :?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts