Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just over a month or so ago I had my wing-mirror smashed off the drivers side of my insight right outside my house. Luckily it only broke the small plastic triangular mounting.

I was resigned that these things happen, although wasn't prepared to be asked for £195 ($400) for a entire mirror from Honda.

Luckily somebody replied to my messgage on this forum and sent me the parts I needed to repair my mirror from the USA to the UK.

It arrived last weekend and I was well chuffed. Although the mirror was broken, the parrts I needed were intact and I set about straight away to fix my superglued mirror.

It all fitted back together quite well, except when I got mounting the mirror casing onto the triangular mounting arm. Although the pieces looked identical, they were in fact quite different.

I managed to get it all fitted back together, although now the mirror, which is on my drivers side, faces the side of the car too much, and I have to lean forward to use it properly. There is also a small gap where it fits together.

Does anyone know whether the angle of the mirrors on either side of a right hand drive car would be set differently to those on a left hand drive car?

Before anyone replies, I have tried adjusting thr mirror, although the angle of the casing seems to be different that when I had the UK spec, right hand, drivers side mirror mount.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes they are very different. All US cars are required to have a convex mirror with the phrase "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" written on the face of the mirror. (mounted to the right-hand side) The housing is angled to be viewed from your passenger seat.
You might try emailing an Austrailian dealer to see if they have the driver's mirror for less money than in the UK?

-John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts